Monday, September 13, 2010

Ernesto Neto

I found this artist in a Fiber Arts magazine and he is so awesome. I wanted to do my research project on him but some skanky freshman was looking over my shoulder while I was showing the magazine to Stephanie and she ran off to our teacher, stealing the artist I wanted to report on. I will forever not like this girl. Well...okay not forever...but for a really long time. Now I have no idea who I am gong to report on and the presentation is this Friday!!! No one compares to this individual, at least none that I can find.  Anyways, he is a tad odd but I love his work anyhow. It is all interactive, kid friendly, and fun. Hopefully one day I will have the chance to see his work in person. That would be way cooler than photos, I'm sure.







One of Brazil’s most famous artists, Ernesto Neto creates room-sized environments for the viewer to navigate through and interact with. By using light, stretchable fabrics and organic shapes, filled occasionally with scented spices, Neto’s work allows the viewer to experience the work through all senses, creating a spatial labyrinth for the journey through the passages in the room. 















No comments:

Post a Comment